Naturopathic Cancer Treatment
Dr. James is a board certified naturopathic oncologist and strives to create healing opportunities for patients at all stages of the cancer journey. Her recommendations regarding natural measures for use with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatment are grounded in the most up-to-date research and standards of care. She advises patients on the safe use of herbs and nutritional supplements that have been shown to support the immune system, minimize side effects of conventional treatment, and synergize with those treatments to make them more effective. Once treatment is completed, Dr. James can help you determine the best dietary and lifestyle changes to make to strengthen your immune system and decrease risk factors for cancer recurrence.
Supportive Integrated Medicine during active treatment:
- Personalized plans of care
- Recommendations to enhance each phase of cancer treatment and decrease side effects, using natural compounds, nutrition and lifestyle interventions
- Appropriate referrals to acupuncture, oncology massage, registered dietitians, and counseling.
Restorative Integrated Medicine post active treatment:
- Counseling on reducing risks for cancer recurrence
- Reestablishing health through lifestyle, nutrition, and natural medicines
- Management and support of chronic illness with natural medicines
- Proactive survivorship program
- Supportive care in light of mastectomy, lymphedema, and chronic pain
One in eight women will develop breast cancer in this country. The majority of women have no known cause, but research suggests that nutritional, lifestyle, hormonal, and environmental factors may be to blame. These factors contribute to the health of the biochemical terrain, or the micro-environment that surrounds your cells. Changing the biochemical terrain can be done through effective diet, exercise, hormone balancing, and detoxification using natural means. These strategies, coupled with naturopathic support during and following treatment for breast cancer, can dramatically change quality of life and disease outcomes.